Pilates is a fantastic training exercise to improve the health of your whole body, including strength, flexibility, endurance and state of mind.
Ideal for fitness, rehabilitation after an injury or surgery, and improving state of mind, join our expert instructors for group classes or 1-2-1 sessions.
Our weekly pilates timetable
Our classes and sessions are available for both members and non-members and are available when booked in advance:
- Kensington: We offer both small group and 1:1 sessions on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Mat Pilates available upon request
Mat Pilates: *NEW* from June 4th
- South Kensington: Small Group Physio Lead Mat Pilates – Tuesday 8-9am
- Introductory Offer: £15 (I session per client); then £20 per class; or 10 sessions £180
Our classes are led by our team of pilates instructors. You can learn more about them by viewing their profiles below:
Group classes (1 hour)
- 1 session £30
- Booklet of 10 sessions £270
1-2-1 sessions (1 hour)
- 1 session £75
- Booklet of 10 sessions £700
Couple or Duo
- 1 session £85
- Booklet of 10 sessions £800
Payable by: We accept all major credit cards
What is pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise that focuses on core strength and general fitness, with the added benefit of helping to reduce stress.
Classes and exercises are completed on mats, or with specialist apparatus to help add resistance to push your body further as it stretches.
Popular for a number of years in Britain and the US, it’s origins trace back to it’s german founder Joseph Pilates who opened a studio in the 1920s.
What are the benefits of taking a class?
If you’re not sure pilates is for you, then booking a class is a good way to discover how it works and whether it could help you – the same can be said for booking a 1-2-1 session, particularly if you have specific medical needs.
- Strengthens the core
- Gives your entire body a workout
- Rehabilitation for injuries and pain
- Improved posture
- Low impact exercise – no pressure on knees or joints
- Improves focus and flexibility
- Can improve blood circulation
- Good for toning
- Can help with weight loss
- Increases your stamina
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helpful during pregnancy and for new mums
- Increases energy levels
- Versatile – exercises can be done at home
- Suitable for all ages and abilities
Is pilates right for you?
If you are looking to improve your fitness and wellbeing, then yes, pilates is right for you. It is a good option regardless of age, fitness background and level of experience.
In addition to this, it can help people cope with medical conditions and help them heal from injuries, such as shoulder pain.
What can you expect from Ken Physio?
Our expert pilates instructors will make you feel welcomed and comfortable, and will guide you through each of the movements and exercises as you learn. We work with complete beginners, through to advanced abilities, from teenagers to the elderly – all are welcome to attend.
Each class or session lasts one hour and we have changing room facilities on site. Please book in advance and let us know if you have any special requirements or requests.
Contact us today
If we haven’t answered your question here, or you want to find out more information about the classes and sessions we offer, or how we can help you with an injury with pilates, please call us on 020 7603 0040 or complete our enquiry form below.
We’ll be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.