As we enter 2017, many of us will be setting a few goals and resolutions for the New Year. Improving one’s health often features high up on the resolution list. Whether this be losing weight, adopting a healthier lifestyle, starting a new activity or simply toning up, none of these are possible without first ensuring your body is injury and pain free. Addressing those ongoing niggles, imbalances or postural issues is key, prior to commencing any change in lifestyle program. We at Kensington Physio have been working for many years with a huge variety of patients, allowing them and supporting them to reach their individual goals, whether this be running a marathon or getting back on the tennis court.
Start your 2017 year by booking in a session with one of our expert team to ensure you hit those New Years resolutions, with nothing holding you back!
Here are some of our Top Tips on achieving those resolutions!
- Break down yours goals. Simply stating ‘I want to get fit’ isn’t enough. Write them down and make them specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timed (SMART).
- Keep a weekly tab on your achievements. Whether this be tracking your body weight, noting the number of gym sessions attended, running distances achieved or laps in the pool. If you aren’t managing to meet your SMART targets, modify your plan.
- Organise your diary to ensure you manage to fit in enough time to meet your goals. Whether this be planning gym sessions or runs around your work schedule, or ensuring you wake up early enough to pack a healthy lunch for work. Time-effectiveness and efficiency is key.
- Get the support of your friends and family. Tell them your goals, get them to encourage you, sponsor you or train with you!
- Little changes lead to big results. Even if you slip up on your diet plan, training routine or fall sick, pick right back up where you left off. No more excuses!
- Think positive! Remember how good you feel after a run outside, or when you start to see the benefits of all your hard work. Happy thoughts will improve your motivation and mind set to keep on track with your new resolutions.
- Address any new aches or pains quickly, before they become a real issue. Pop in for a physio consultation or advice on how to avoid further damage.
- Celebrate your success! Book that massage, treat yourself to a spa day or a new pair of shoes. You deserve it!
Advice & Treatment:
If you are experiencing any pain or symptoms then why not visit one of our highly experienced physiotherapists. Our clinics in West London can easily be reached from Kensington, South Kensington, Notting Hill, Hammersmith, Chelsea and Fulham areas.
Tel: 0207 603 0040